On Saturday 10th December 2016 in Higashi Nakano/Ochiai, all OMT families came together for a special end of year Christmas class. We were very lucky as three parents played alongside us on piano and darbuka (hand drum), guitar, oboe.
All children made their own pasta drum, made from dried pasta and paper plates, decorated with Christmas pictures, which they played throughout the class.
Apart from singing some of our favourite songs from the Flute Collection, we also introduced a new song from next semester`s Stick Collection, and sang some classic Christmas songs.
We also played with egg shakers and jingle bells.
We had two Singalong Storybooks: Pete the Cat Saves Christmas, and The Little Donkey`s Christmas Song.
After a big Christmas themed free dance and play-along we finished off with a stocking raffle with one lucky winner receiving a Christmas present, and all children going home with a little Santa gift bag of snacks.
THANK YOU TO . . .
- All families who came to the Christmas Family Event. I hope you all enjoyed it.
- Mr Ikuzawa. for bringing his oboe out of retirement.
- Ito-sensei, who just finished teaching her first full semester at Ochiai Music Together. All your hard work, commitment, and energy is very much appreciated!
- Mr Ito, for taking these wonderful pictures of the day for us
- My long-suffering husband, “Mr. T”, who also acted as my “roadie” by driving us and carrying all the equipment to class!
Finally, Fumi and I would like to say that we have really enjoyed spending time with all the children and parents over the Autumn semester. It has been our pleasure to make music with you every week.
Here`s to 2017! With more singing, dancing, and joy!
See you next semester for the Sticks Collection Winter 2017
Director & Facilitator, Ochiai Music Together
You must be logged in to post a comment.